Freshly baked coffee, chocolate with sea salt caramel chips muffin!! So moist! And sweet!!
https://www.facebook.com/741971088/posts/10156552813606089?s=741971088&sfns=mo 🙏Hope in 20+ years later I will age gracefully… It all starts now when you are still younger, forming a good lifestyle, holistic, internal, mental and physical too!💪 Life is too short to waste it in poor health, as you amass wealth and experiences it’s also time to be wise about what you put your body through 😄
I want to be able to face my future self and not regret. Thank you to my past for who I am today, learnt from my mistakes and prepare for the future. Cause it’s what you cultivate now that will eventually blossom and flourish into the strong tree of tomorrow.🧐
😜Let’s fast forward 40+ years into the future… when fancy looking spectacles are magically molded onto my face (cause I’m old school 😆) and I am a semi-senile and joyful old man … as I sing song of yesteryears… LOL 😂 still happily healthy and ageing gracefully👍
#notfaceapp #oldme #joyfuloldman #ageinggracefully
😄👍Having lunch at Jewel Changi in front of the #RainVortex rainforest ahhh so relaxing and beautiful place to eat my own cooked lunch and chill… before I head out to Today @ Apple for some mini workshops that I signed up for! I was at the opening this morning and gotten also exclusive Apple T-Shirt freebies hehehe 😜🥰
😍On this episode of [ Let’s Cook with Teelip ] – roots veg – into cake and mash.
Puréed carrots and sweet yams to make cakes and potatoes into yummy mash! 🤩
👍It’s healthier to use it to build the bulk of the cake with coconut flour and raisins / cranberries so all natural sweetness! Added sour cream, soy milk and butter, even some yeast as I wanted to test how it will affect the texture, it does have some leavening effect but not enough to counter the density of the roots veg purée, but still it has the slight bread chewiness in it. Eat it with home made chocolate butter cream! Delish 😋
Homage to my childhood 80s and it’s Stranger Things day!!#LetsCookWithTeelip #StrangerFoodThings #retro #80s #RootsVeg
😍💪YES!! Just did my 2nd check-in of my body composition measurement at the onboarding program by Active Health (under Active SG)!😄 At Admiralty Medical Centre.
🎉SUPER NEWS! CELEBRATIONS 🥳
I went from overall 49/100 (unhealthy) score to 60/100 (average) in 3.5 months time (between 16 March to 2 July)! My diet, lifestyle changes and exercises has worked tremendous! Sharmila my fitness specialist she is super happy for me too 👍😊
She explained the various results for me and guided me with proper muscle strength training form and advised how I should approach my exercise now onwards. She wants me to do 2-3 times strength training per week , then rest that particular muscle group for 2 days and so on. Reduce repetitions from 20 to 12. Lessen my resistance band as currently its too much for my training as she can see I am straining and should be sustain slow movement, do squarts without the band for now and watch my form. But she will get the other specialist to email me for further instructions of how to strengthen my core muscles without straining my spine problem.
So basically in 3.5 months (between 16 March to 2 July) I had achieved:
1. Dropped 12 kg of fat mass.
2. Reduced 6.7% of body fats.
3. Muscle mass also reduced around 1kg but it is relative as my body weight overall dropped also the machine is latest so maybe more accurate now than the previous machine I used.
4. Lost 13 kg in total weight.
5. BMI dropped from 37.9 to 33.
6. Visceral Fats dropped from 20 to 17, yes!!!
7. Metabolic Rate seemed similar but it’s improvement because it is relative to body weight so I had improved from a deficit of 491 kCal to now deficit of 295 kCal so an improvement of 40% !! But of course still lots of work to do as it’s still not within normal range which at my weight should be (1923 to 2268), my current is way below at 1628.
So all in all it is definitely an improvement!! GAMBATEI !! 🙏👏😄 Of course still more work to do and continue to improve my strength and muscle mass to increase my metabolic rate as well as reduce my visceral fats to normal range too. Yippie!!! So Happy 😁
Hope everyone also improve our health and fitness level! Let us all get better quality life👍🤩
For more information on the FREE! program check out: https://www.myactivesg.com/Active-Health/Spaces/Lab/Appointment
#ActiveHealthSG #ActiveSG #YouCanDoIt #StayHealthyFit
😍Yippie! Another first time successful try at making mini Savory Mince Pork Pot Pies 🥧 with various toppings.
(OMG 😋 say Pork Pot Pies 10 times! 😂)
The pastry sweetness comes from purées of carrots, sweet yam and some coconut sugar. 👍Toppings are a variety of sesame, honey, sea salt caramel, raisins/cranberries. The fillings is a reduction of cooked mince pork, some veg, cream cheese, soy milk all cooked in some canola oil. 👌I had used psyllium fibre and coconut flour to firm up the pastry dough plus egg to bind them.
🧐Next time I think I could have added also cheese in middle so it ooze out when cut open which adds more dimension to the texture and taste too! 😛
🤗But as of now, it’s super tasty too! Just right amount of savory and natural sweetness!
PS: 🤔some insights, I baked the base layer first so it is more firm and crusty also to help soak the liquid creamy mince meat filling before covering up the pie lid which I then baked the whole pie in lower temperature! Thank goodness it all worked out well 👌🙏
“Let’s Eat with Teelip” – my try at a comedy vlog. In this episode, #NoShame Eat like an Animal! Take a tour of my one meal of the day, yeah pretty packed with meat and veg and lots of grilling, pan-frying, steamed, braised, baked, etc…
Retro themed cause it’s a homage to the golden years of my childhood and the looks and feel, brings back memories of recording on VHS tapes and playback.
Cool thing is this Apple Clips app has live voice-to-text translation! Well cause I am not speaking standard English, more like Singlish and pretty fast at times, the translation becomes gibberish and pretty funny too! Did I mention it is a comedy? So I deliberate left it as is and not correct the text, which you can easily do in the app. But pretty nice themes, filters, labels, stickers and emojis you can add like any standard modern vlogging app. #LetsEatWithTeelip #NoShame #AppleClips
😍MY FIRST EVER try at a fancy decorated multi-layered cake!! 🍰
And it’s delicious too! 👍“Low” carbs & sweetness but oh man so chocolatey YUM 😋
😜 haha it’s not the prettiest as I am experimenting and learning along the way on my own, how to make chocolate decorations with sugarless couverture chocolate. I had chocolate cake, chocolate mousse and pumpkin purée from my previous baked that I made from scratch. So I thought might as well turn them into one gorgeous layered cake! So I was looking around my kitchen for domes to form the mold of this layered cake. Granted, I don’t have professional equipment and techniques (yet), but I hacked up some things that is dome-like such as the glass bowl, ice cream scoop, microwave plastic boiler, and even a glass test tube end, haha 😂
But hey hey it’s fun project and i’m sure I can qualify now for the Netflix reality baking competition SHOW “Nailed It” (https://youtu.be/cTW0fUlW42I) 🤣
Anyhoo… I enjoyed baking various concoction and testing various low carbs ingredients such as pumpkin purée and almond / coconut flour or stevia sweetener and Low G.I. Coconut sugar. I did use honey too but limited it’s portion as I used banana and the sweetener to coax out the taste and flavour. I had all sorts of chocolate in it too from chips to couverture to sea salt caramel and powder too. I try to make it fancy so it’s appealing to eat too, afterall we eat with our eyes first! Haha yeah I know the layers are lob-sided … haha that’s what I get when u try to hack the layers together.
The layers are:
- Inner most is just pure honey.
- Pumpkin purée with coconut sugar sorbet.
- Salted sour cream / cream cheese / butter mousse.
- Chocolate cake using almond flour with raisins and cranberries bits.
- Base is 90sec keto bread using coconut flour and cinnamon powder.
- Outer coating is a chocolate in Agar-agar jelly with Chia seeds and banana purée.
- Chocolate drizzles with sesame seeds and coconut sugar sprinkles with raisins and cranberries.
- Topped with some chocolate decorations I made with the couverture chocolates.
Will keep learning and being inspired by professional Bakers and Chocolate Artists and chefs of all professions! GAMBATEI ! Gotta keep improving my skills! 👍😄
How much weight fluctuations do my daily diet and exercise cause? Here is a one day look, of course it can vary depending on my food intake and activity of the day.
😄Before meal — 94.3 kg
🍲Took my one meal of the day of low carbs, veg and meat and some starch from banana and cake I baked with almond flour.
😋After meal — 95.7 kg (gained 1.4 kg from food intake alone)
🚴♀️ 💪After 30min cardio & 30min resistance band muscle workout — 94.9 kg (lost 0.8 kg)
😴 Went to sleep and next day — 94.6 kg (lost 0.3 kg) looks like I gained overall 0.3kg from the day before.
But as my activity and food vary overall I do lose throughout the weeks and months. But I know my fitness and internal health has been improving too that’s for sure as I do blood tests to see the actual improvements and will do doing another set of body composition measurement next week to see how my visceral fats and muscle mass change in the past months since. Stay tuned 👌🙏😍
😒DAY 1 — 15 min cardio only.
😄DAY 129 — gradually increased to 60 min cardio at max 8/8 Cycling resistance, minimal 15 km/h speed.
🤩DAY 148 — evolved to 30 min cardio, minimal 16 km/h speed & 30 min muscle workout for 19 days.
So far so good, though had some aches and knee pain but it comes and goes, part of managing my fitness and health over time. Still learning new techniques in resistance band training and getting my body in much better state than before. TRUE!
As always you have to approach health and fitness holistically instead of just weight / calories count in diet change. But your physical health as well as mental health too!
Stay fit everyone 👍💪😄
🤷🏻♂️People often ask me what is my diet? To cause me to lose over 18 kg in under 148 days. As on average I do lose 0.8-1.5 kg daily. 😍 I do eat pretty well!
All in moderate portion (within one medium sized wooden bowl, I had personally verified with hospital dietitian and the nutrients balanced out well for me in a day).
My own home-cooked one-meal-a-day, and it’s tasty as I like to pack as much flavour in spices (chilli flakes, curry, turmeric, garlic, paprika) with butter or olive / canola oil — lots of veg (broccoli, onion flower stalks, spinach, tomatoes) in miso & calimansi sour broth thickened with sour cream, grilled chicken, pork belly cubes, grouper, mince pork.
And for dessert I baked Hong Kong egg custard tart, topped with chocolate ganache (dark chocolate with soy milk and agar agar and stevia sweetener). With banana or apricot as sides or as night snack with almond or walnut if I am hungry.
After a meal typically I gain 1.2-1.5 kg but daily I do my 1 hour (30min cardio and 30min muscle) exercise too.
So it all worked out. Health and fitness, but yes I need to continue to work on my other aspects like reduce screen time (but my work is online so kindda tough) and get good restful 7-8hrs sleep.
So still on my way to weight loss but I MUST emphasis that is only a fraction of the equation to health, you have to track your progress through Dr consultation, blood tests and body composition measurements which I had been doing regularly and has positive upward trend results!
Again to each his/her own, you must find the diet and lifestyle changes and exercise that you can keep to it and make a good habit of. Doesn’t matter what diet plan but you have to test it and see if it works over months, with Dr advise and check ups! I took 2yrs plus to slowly get rid of my bad habits and only in past 148 days that I am on this more extreme one meal a day and daily exercise with my own home cooked food so I can control what goes into my diet without all the unnecessary additives and processed food in outside food. PLUS cutting out the starchy, junk, fast food and such. Overall I do save my health and $$ too in the long run!
Looking back this is Day 1 – I can only sustain 4/8 resistance and for 15 minutes only, I was already panting very hard.
While this is today Day 148, 8/8 max resistance and not panting sometimes short of breadth as I pushed myself much higher and faster.
Stay healthy and fit everyone!🙏😄
Interesting this video reflects what I am doing!! Except of course I cannot burn as much calories as he is (maybe someday), so my one meal of the day is more moderate, not monstrous like his! It is true also that you must cook your own meal to ensure low carbs, healthy fats and lots of vegetables in the meal you are eating. Balancing the micro / macro nutrients intake.
I can testify that this method of long intermittent fasting works for me, and I can still enjoy the foods you eat and joy of making them! Of course I exercised too!
Also to do regular medical checks to make sure I am getting proper micro / macro nutrients and track my internal, mental and physical health.
I failed with other diets and health supplements that didn’t work for me in the past 20-30 years of my life since young.
BUT the dramatic change for me is the will power and determination due to emotional triggers of friends who had passed away from medical illness.
The follow reasons (in no particular order) must be considered, otherwise it is likely you will fail at this particular diet plan:
- Social eating — this is what most people do with work colleagues or family, the gathering together to communicate over meal. So eating one giant meal and cooking, makes it hard. BUT then, you could still meet and drink healthy tea no sugar, and communicate too. It’s cultural and hard to change as you get affected by people around you, as I did. So ever since I changed, I brought my own home-cooked food to eat with my friends during my one meal which is around lunch hour, so not midnight just before sleep like what Blake did. Maybe his method is more efficient, might try in the future.
- Cook your own meal — In order to control what goes into your food and thus consume the best nutrition rich meal per day. But I get it, in the past my work spanned long hours and overtime, etc. So by the time I get back home, I am tired to cook, or even exercise. Thus ever since my personal sabbatical, I can afford the time and cultivate a consistent good habit and learn to cook and bake which is lots of fun, experimenting with new ingredients and techniques all the time! So never a dull moment, but yes it takes time and energy to cook and clean up too (but see that as exercise! And part of the good habit to keep things neat and tidy.)
- Food choices — choose low carbs, low sugar, high in healthy fats (olive, salmon, avocado, etc) version of ingredients, sometimes they tend to me more expensive (well at least in Singapore). But also reduce process food, as they tend to have other chemicals to enhance flavour, extend shelf-life for sale as it is food industry’s way to maximise profit, but unfortunately at the expense of consumers’ health. It can be cheaper for consumer, but what you save in money now, you might pay back later in health. So not worth it in the long term to ignore your intake of healthy food.
- Exercise / workout — to burn all your calories, and have healthy physical body. Increase muscle mass to help also increase your metabolic rate which in turn helps burn even more excess calories easily, plus your muscles will help support your body which is aging and deteriorating too. Helps reduce visceral fats (fats surrounding your internal organs which you cannot see, it’s not the skin fats which makes you look big or lean in shape), and excess visceral fats has linked to diabetes and other illness too. So you can look lean, with high percentage of visceral fats and be unhealthy inside (check out this video: https://youtu.be/aGuED1JczbI ). That is why SUMO wrestler is healthy internally but still has huge amount of subcutaneous (skin) fats and big strong muscles. So to help find out your visceral fats for FREE!! Singaporeans can attend the free session to measure your body composition here: https://www.myactivesg.com/Active-Health/Spaces/Lab/Appointment , seriously our government is helping citizens so much, health wise, and I am not saying this to be patriotic! After all we are the only main resources Singapore has!
- Will power — as mentioned earlier, you need a motivational factor, for me it is emotional and enough to trigger me to change, a change in lifestyle and mindset towards my health and how I manage my life around it. YOU MUST WANT IT, no one can force you to do it. Period.
- Food addiction — many people’s worse enemy, I too battle to control my need to feast and love of food. So with the diet, I get to control what i eat and cook what I love and learn new things to cook, in a way it curbs my addiction, and what leads to it? HIGH CARBS & SUGAR, and its the sweet sugary and starchy food that cause me to want to eat even more, spike my insulin levels and makes me hungry sooner and wanting more and more! So I choose low glycemic index alternatives, like brown rice, etc. but in much smaller portion.
- Moderation — too much of good thing is also bad. Everything in moderation, which is so true and sadly I only learned it after all these years. Well that is why everyone need to understand your own amount that you should take and not in excess. Everyone is different in body type and genetics, etc.
There are of course other external, social, financial factors too. But do what works for you, and adjust over time to find a method that works for you. If you start baby steps of change and cultivate good habits over time, it can happen, cause it did for me!
Had a spark of inspiration this morning! Work-in-progress for past 3-4 hours on my next instrumental album which will be a non-stop perhaps 30min long mix-genre music.
Current album title and tracks names are still being considered.
Edited on #GarageBand using my MacBook Air and also did some vocal recordings on my iPhone. Stay tuned… (literally 😆)
PS: having slight headache now, creative block, gonna nap a bit and continue later tonight…
You can check out my past 🎶 music releases here: teelip.bandcamp.com
Also available on Spotify, Apple Music, etc…
PS: having slight headache now, creative block, gonna nap a bit and continue later tonight…
DAY 165 🚴🏻♂️of FUN-xercise! 😋made chocolate cookies tart 💪 DAY 34 of abs muscle workout
Using the trolley as a makeshift abdomen slider device! Haha it works!
If you wanna find out more about science based abs muscles strength training check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4
How do you still enjoy “sweet” dessert soup on a healthy diet? 🤔
Well what I do now not put any form of sugar during cooking as my appetite and taste for sweetness has reset after all these 5+ months of cooking at home.👍
So I cook all the ingredients, that has its own sweetness like dates, goji berries and longans in water to allow all the natural sweetness be infused.😋
Then, when I want to drink it I scoop out a small bowl (in moderation) and taste it to determine the level of sweetness it already has. 😁 Only then do I add some coconut sugar (low G.I. version) or sweetener (stevia with erythritol) to make it sweet enough to satiate my appetite. So it doesn’t overloaded but is naturally tasty. 😉